9 Things You Must Consider About Buying a Brand New Laptop or Notebook


Nine things you must consider about buying a new laptop or notebook, such as:
Will my laptop's CPU accomplish what I need it to do?
The central processing unit (CPU), also known as the processor, performs all the instruction, logic and mathematical processing in a computer. The better and faster the processor the faster software will load and run. 

Is the RAM sufficient to run my programs on my laptop smoothly?
Programs use the random-access memory (RAM) to perform necessary tasks.

 Is my laptop's hard drive large enough to store all of my information and programs?
The larger the hard drive the more information it will hold. You will need a large hard drive to edit videos and to store photos. 

Does my laptop have an adequate sound card?
If you're going to do anything that requires sound (music and video editing, gaming, etc.) you will need a sound card. 

Does my laptop have an adequate graphics card?
The graphics card allows the laptop to deliver video. The better the graphics card, the better the graphics. If you're going to do video editing or gaming, consider upgrading the graphics card. 

How do I measure the quality of wireless?
The speed of your wireless connection is measured in Megabits per second (Mbps). 

Does my laptop have an adequate battery life?
The average battery life today is 3-1/2 hours. Consider buying a travel charger to augment your standard wall charger. Bottom line: don't get caught without power. 

How is the laptop's manufacturer or dealer support?
Manufacturer support is very important if you have a question or need technical assistance. Make sure the manufacturer or dealer offers support in the form of email, phone, live chat and documentation. 

How is the laptop's warranty on parts and labor?
You'll be glad to have a warranty if something breaks.Be smart before you choose your own laptop or notebook.